Dear Customer: We may encounter various risk factors while managing and operating this platform Therefore, prior to purchasing the digital asset-related product (“the Product”) provided by Metalpha Technologies Limited, you should read the following important contents carefully and ensure that you fully understand all of the risks:
- Principal and Investment Return Risk: Due to the unique nature of the crypto digital asset trading industry, significant fluctuations may occur in the appreciation or depreciation of crypto digital assets value and the user should bear the risk of the negative principal and investment return below zero, and this Product does not protect the principal and does not guarantee the return on investment.
- Policy Risk: Changes in macroeconomic policies (e.g., monetary policy, industry policy, and regulatory policy, etc.) may affect the normal trading of crypto digital assets, which may further lead to market price fluctuations and generate risks and eventually affect the return of the Product.
- Compliance Risk: During the process of investing in the Product, the risk arising from the violation of the provisions of national laws and regulations shall be borne by the user.
- Economic Cycle Risk: In line with the cyclicality of economic performance, the market returns also vary cyclically, which affects the level of returns of the Product and impacts the actual returns of the Product.
- Force Majeure Risk: The risk refers to the occurrence of force majeure factors such as natural disasters, wars, etc., which will seriously affect the usual operation of the market, and the occurrence of unforeseen, unavoidable, and insurmountable circumstances such as hacking attacks, which will result in loss of or theft of crypto digital assets, etc. and cause the decrease of returns or even loss of principals, and furthermore, it may even affect the usual processing of the acceptance, investment, and repayment of this Product.
- Operational Risk: The risk arises from operational errors or violations of operational procedures by the user.
- Account Freezing Risk: The risk of judicial freezing or enforcement due to the user's default on debts or suspicion of committing a criminal offense.
- Digital Assets Risk: In your jurisdiction, we may not be regulated as a financial institution and deposits into your account with us may not be considered deposits under the applicable laws, rules, or regulations in your jurisdiction, and thus re not subject to deposit insurance protection.
The items disclosed in this Risk Notification has the nature of enumeration, and cannot specify in detail all the risks the users may face when participating in this Product or all factors that have the possibility to cause loss to users' asset. Users should carefully read all the contents of this Risk Notification, independently make the decision of whether to invest in this Product, and bear the investment results on their own. If you are an individual investor, when changes happen to the factors which may affect your risk preference, please complete a risk preference assessment timely. If you are an institutional investor on behalf of the self-managed asset management Product, you should confirm that the Product is consistent with the investment objectives, investment strategy, and risk tolerance of the asset management product you are representing.